Cleaning & Care for Fine Leather
Cleaning and caring for leather is very important to the rider and horse. Leather that is properly cared for will provide a safe ride and years of use for the equine athlete. Leather should be cleaned and properly stored after each use.
- Clean off dirt, sweat, and hair with a clean towel.
- Carefully dampen a sponge or towel with water.
- Squeeze excess water out of the sponge or towel
- Gently clean each piece of leather with a glycerin soap or saddle soap.
- Wipe off excess soap with a clean towel, resulting in a buff shine.
- Store leather in a climate controlled environment, away from dust.